- Adults will join the appropriate class depending on belt rank since classes will be based on belt level with no partners.
- All beginners will be in the level 1 class.
CAMERA SET UP:
- Set camera chest to head height pointed slightly down so the camera can see head to toe. A 6ft square practice area in the camera view is needed. *Between 8-14 ft from camera is perfect.
- Please leave all microphones on. Sensei will mute everyone to avoid interruptions but needs to be able to unmute when needed.
- Students will need something to hit and use as a target. Sensei has small hand targets for $25. These are great as they can be tied to a post/tree and can be held by a partner(parent/sibling). They are the same small pads we use in class.
- Students will need an adult or teen sibling to assist them in class to help keep focus and hold targets/pads.
LITTLE SAMURAI PROGRAM
The little samurai program is designed for the 5,6, and 7 yr old kids ready to start their karate journey. It is a rotating curriculum Of the basic techniques and combos so that any student may jump in at any time and not feel behind. When the student has displayed the required character traits to attend the twice a week beginner course they will start with the next beginner group.
All new students start and graduate a 3 month beginner program with other new students of the same age group. New students are not in class with advanced students for roughly the first 12 months.
The next level after the beginner program is the level 1 program. This program is compiled of adv. white, yellow and some orange belts. They will be in this program for approximately 6-12.
At some point between orange and blue(depending on maturity and size) they will move to level 2 classes. These classes include all other ranks up to black belt.
Adult beginner program- The adult beginner program last approximately two months. All students are required to complete the beginner program even if they have rank in another system. This allows them to have a full understanding of our basic foundation and the differences in styles.
After completion of the beginner program all adults move to the normal adult classes including all other ranks.
OKINAWA KOBUDO (WEAPONS)
This program is offered as and addition to our core curriculum. It is only offered to blue belts and above that have shown an interest in weapons and can demonstrate the first 2 Korean bo forms.
It consists of A wide variety of traditional weapons as taught in Okinawa by master sekichi odo.
This program has its own ranking system and is displayed with a round icon at the end of the students belt.